"I tried" Vs "I did"

Court
< in a court >

Judge : You have tried to kill him, and trying to kill is same as killing. So you have done a crime. I demand you to pay money of Rs: 1,000,000/=.

(Verdict thinks for a while.... Put his hand into his bag. Count cash and take Rs: 1,000,000/= to his hand and try to give it to the officer who waits to collect money. Then puts that money back into his bag).

Judge : Why? Don't you pay money? You have to pay it !

Verdict: (Softly) I tried to give him the money which is same as giving money.

Judge: (puzzled !!!!)


Even though this story is a bit debatable, there's something to learn.

I think TRYING IS CONSIDERABLE, BUT NOT IMPORTANT AS MUCH AS DOING SOMETHING.

So better to avoid saying "Yes I tried, but ...".
Say "Yes, I did it".

What do you feel?

Check out this stream